Tuesday 30 June 2020

Pasta - Sauces that Flavours Nostrils to Buds

What I love about eating pasta are the wide variety of fragrances that the sauces can bring to nostrils and taste buds. I like to enjoy my pasta in a wide variety of sauces. Though my favourite is the white sauce, I enjoy eating the red or the tomato sauce as well. Here is a quick look at some of the common sauces and how they are made. 

Alfredo sauce: Add the cream and butter to simmer and when the sauce thickens top it with Parmesan cheese. The creamy and smooth white sauce that sticks to your lips and mouth for some time with a tangy salty taste is inevitably a feast to enjoy. Enhance the flavour with a wide range of herbs like vanila, rosemary, cilantro, coriander and mint. 
Arrabiatta sauce: This is a sauce that is made of tangy tomato and hot chilli that takes your sensation to the next level. It has the option to create variations by adding a zest of extra tangy lemon or a wide range of aromatic herbs from rosemary to mint and coriander. 


Marinara: This is a typical Italian tomato sauce simmered with loads of garlic and a wide variety of herbs to taste. 

Pesto: Pesto is green sauce made with basil and loads of garlic and cheese. This is rarely found in the market but is a delicacy that can be readily made at home. The difficulty in making this sauce is that the basil will start leaving water in the sauce which will reduce the creamy texture and has to be always prepared fresh. 

My White Sauce: Maybe I should name this sauce Cheez. I make my white sauce with milk simmered with creamy cheese and this simmered sauce is flavoured with spices like dry red chilli or pepper and herbs. 




No comments:

Post a Comment