Tuesday 28 November 2017

What Makes THE PILL Different from Hormone? What's THE PILL is in India?

I write this blog following this status update I made in my LinkedIn Profile:

(C) cartoonstock

THE PILL is all that people wanted to know more of and the reason for the misnotion and chaos. I never wanted to know. Why? For I believed, whatever be the tablet they are asking me to take - even if paracetamol or a chewing gum - I have as citizen of this democratic India to file a FIR for being black mailed and if doped, a hurt and mischief complaint. But, when they spelled the word "modus", this created a stir for people were aware that they are asking to use this tablet as "THE PILL". This was going on since January 2014, but I know that the mass was stirred on 7th June 2014 at 5:30 A.M when a woman in the village started threatening me to abuse with these drugs...blah...blah..and then followed the stir asking all the unmarried women in that area to use these drugs. Why me? I know on 6 June 2014 this village woman calling herself was under the custody of soldiers and they wanted me to use the drugs for the armed soldiers troop questioned this nicknamed woman, "amelio ponnu/person" for intimidating me. I was not aware as to why she was under their custody; and her father was also stirring up something in the Commissioner of Police Office in Madurai with the guards on duty at Meenakshi Amman Temple, which also I witnessed on 5 June 2014. My aim now is to mend "THE PILL" awareness for I know that the increased stir to use this "modus"drugs has stirred in an interest to people to "use the pill" as "emergency contraception".

Let me make clear certain facts of "THE PILL"and the modus or "Hormone Tablets"!!!

I need to write this and hopefully, I wish no more of this heated discussion around me to threaten abuse or possibility of being abused, please!

"THE PILL" are the contraceptions that are also made of the same hormones called the sex hormones: they can be "THE MALE PILL"or "THE FEMALE PILL". Hence, accordingly the pills are made of sex hormones of single type or in combination that in dosages used will not cause harm or alter the natural hormonal balance in the body to cause medical complications unlike the misuse and abuse of HORMONE TABLETS that will cause serious medical complications including death.

Let me write in this blog more of THE PILLS as I have already written of the hormone tablet in my previous blog:

There are nearly 16 different ways of effective contraception method for a couple who do not prefer to have a baby wants to adopt. All they need to do is discuss their doubts, anxieties and needs to a good health practitioner, preferably an adrologist or a gynecologist. This is the couple's choice to decide with the physician and is between the couple to decide as to who will go for the contraception. Why public or employer or a brahmin or an authority?

With advent of technology and racing with time, stress being the buzz word, as the reproductive age spans from 15 to 49 years, adolescent maternity and late maternity are of increase and both of which are prone and cause for increased maternal death rate when the pregnancy is unplanned. So the Government of India has dedicated this year, April 11, National Safe Motherhood Day, for reducing maternal deaths. While they discuss of women's reproductive rights being violated by refusing to prescribe contraception when unmarried and/or without husband, this is also the right of the women to refuse to use such "pills" for need of employers and peers or any other reason, including on a married woman by her own husband without her consent which is equivalent to marital rape.

Talking of THE PILL:

There are two types of THE PILL: the regular monthly contraception and the emergency pill.

The Regular Monthly Contraception:

These will include the use of daily pills which can be made of progesterone only (POPs or progesterone patch or lotion) or combination drugs like Mala-D. However, gone are those days and the contemporary trend is to use spacing contraceptives as tablets (non-hormonal, Chhaya) or injectables (hormonal, injectable contraceptive-MPA). Besides there are a number of pills that are hormones and are used as oral contraceptives to prevent pregnancy, but they come in a pack that are designed for contraception. These pills, thus, will not turn overdosage as will be administered in synchrony with the natural cycle without impacting the hormonal balance.  These pills are of three types: monophasic, biphasic and triphasic based on the amount of progestin and estrogen they release in a day.

Emergency Contraception:

These are the pills that are used when the regular contraception fails or unexpected and unprepared sexual intercourse has happened that can lead to unwanted pregnancy. There are a range of these pills available in the market and they work to prevent pregnancy when consumed within 12 to 72 hours, the maximum, soon after the "unexpected moments".

How do I conclude this topic? I wonder is this possible to post all you wanted to ask me or tell me and not able to open up directly as a comment here? Is this possible that you can change your opinion on reading this for a open-minded and casual direct discussions if you want one? Is this possible if you will learn to ask me if you are curious or learn manners and not to commit crimes by miusing these kind of pills for your doubts and gossips of that handsome chap as my probable husband? Is this possible for me to imagine that I conveyed the message that THE PILL and Modus you threaten to use are not the same? Is this possible that I imagine that Modus or THE PILL are not cultural stigma products but are chemicals used in treatment? Is this possible that I imagine that you will stop blasphemy in name of your religion to increase the market value of these products or make you answer my questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment